Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My love.

According to the doc's timeline, I'm "officially" overdue. Weird.

I just want to take a minute to brag on my husband. He has been so good to me throughout this entire pregnancy. Some of the highlights include:
-he helps me up off the couch
-he rubs lotion on my ever-expanding tummy every night
-he helps me clean (after dinner, on the weekends, all the time!)
-he encourages me and makes me feel better when I'm having a bad day
-he puts up with my mood swings, random crying sessions, etc. Oh hormones...
-on his way home from work, he calls to see if I need him to pick up anything from the store
-he goes out to get whatever I'm craving. No, my cravings haven't stopped yet. They mostly include chocolate and ice-cream :)
-he talks about how much he can't wait to hold Baby
-when I was still going down to the Rice campus, he made sure my car was taken care of (up to date on oil changes, clean, tires pressures are good, etc.) because he "wanted his babies to be safe"
-he gets up around 5:30am every day to drive to work (over an hour away), but before he leaves he always kisses my belly/Baby goodbye. He kisses me goodbye too, of course!

You get the idea. I always wanted to marry a man as wonderful and as helpful as my Dad, and I'm positive that I have. Derek has been the ultimate husband, and I'm so lucky to have him. Some women complain that their husbands don't do enough for them during their pregnancy, that they just don't understand what we're going through. Derek is the opposite, so involved and considerate. I attribute this to his wonderful upbringing and him being an amazing, thoughtful person. Thanks, Dan and Nancy, for raising a wonderful son. I pray that our Baby will turn out to be as conscientious as its Daddy. I love my husband so much and I am SO THANKFUL FOR HIM!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lindsay! We've never met but I went to high school with Derek and just wanted to say CONGRATS!! Such an exciting time for you both! Can't believe Derek will be a daddy soon!! :) Can't wait to see pics of Baby Z!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we love him too! Proud of both of you, and can't wait for the grandbaby!

    Love, Dan & Nancy

    ReplyDelete