Sunday, February 8, 2009

Wow, Week 25

Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight - a pound and a half - isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair - and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.
(www.babycenter.com)

Let your spouse put an ear to your belly -- he might be able to pick up baby's heartbeat (no stethoscope required). Inside the womb, the formation of tiny capillaries is giving baby a healthy pink glow. Baby's also soaking up your antibodies, getting the immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and baby will soon perfect the blink -- perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes. Baby is the size of an eggplant.
(www.thebump.com)

My belly seems to be growing upwards now. It feels like things are getting squeezed higher - lungs, stomach, etc. I'm also finding that it's starting to get more difficult for me to move around with ease. I now struggle to get out of the car, get up from the couch, out of bed. It's just not as easy as it used to be! I can only imagine how I'll be feeling by the time my due date rolls around. At least I can still shave my legs (relatively) easily right now... haha, TMI. Another sign that I'm getting bigger: I rub lotion of my belly everyday to stave off dryness and lately I've been going through the lotion pretty quickly. As my husband lovingly points out, it's because I'm rubbing it on a greater surface area now. Ha, thanks honey! :)


Since I mentioned it yesterday, here's a picture of Derek and Nova. This was taken when Hurricane Ike hit the Galveston/Houston area in September 2008 and we went to stay with my sister Kim in College Station. They decided to have a nice little nap on the couch together and Kim caught it on film.

No comments:

Post a Comment