Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hunger

It's interesting how pregnancy hormones change the way I feel about food.  

1st trimester:  Food = yuck.  Basically all food.
2nd trimester:  I am always hungry.  
3rd trimester (beginning):  I am still, ALWAYS hungry.  

WHY?????  It's just more along the lines of my stomach is hungry almost 24/7.  I woke up at 3:45am this morning because my bladder was full (that's pretty standard too, really), and I couldn't go back to sleep until after 5am because a) I didn't feel tired and b) my stomach was growling.  I stubbornly refused to get up and eat something though, because that would just mean I'd be up for the rest of the morning and I wasn't ready for that!  I am ready for my mid-morning snack though.  Mmm, fruit cup.

Anyway, while I was laying there trying to go back to sleep, Baby woke up and started to kick.  It was actually very special, just me and Baby, bonding in the middle of the night.  Man, I know I'm going to have many MANY more opportunities to bond with Baby in the middle of the night during feedings, etc., but this was different.  Feeling Baby roll around... stretching.... moving... it's truly amazing.  I still cannot believe there is a little person growing inside my tummy.  What a wonderful blessing from God our little Baby Z is!

1 comment: