Sunday, April 19, 2009

Week 35!!!

Baby belly, week 35. You can see that Baby sits lower now (compared to week 34 belly shot)
Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete - he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.
(www.babycenter.com)


Well, the weekly report is right, things are snug in my belly! Baby likes to stretch it's appendages and really morph my tummy. It looks (and feels) like a little alien is in there. Or like I'm getting a massage from the inside. So weird! Baby still gets the hiccups but now I feel them much lower, on my cervix. And of course, Baby still likes my bladder :) A few nights ago, Derek and I were sitting around chatting when all of a sudden he said "You realize you've gone to the bathroom 4 times in the past hour??" Ha!

It's finally hit me that delivery is coming soon. I have 35 days left before my due date!!! 35 weeks pregnant, with 35 days left. Wow. All things considered (morning sickness, muscle pains, heartburn, etc.) it has been a wonderful, glorious, blessed pregnancy. Even though I'm feeling uncomfortable now, I'm going to miss being pregnant. I love feeling Baby move and I will throughly miss that sensation. But then again, we will have our little precious child with us in the outside world! Oh Baby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment