Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hmm.

Well, today has been a mediocre day.

Went to the doc and found that I haven't made any progress since last week - still just dilated a fingertip width, although my cervix is soft and Baby has moved down even more (from -3 station to -2 station). She suggested I walk, walk, walk to get things moving. I sort of expected this and knew not to get my hopes up too high, but still it's a disappointing feeling knowing things haven't changed.

Another disappointing thing: At 5pm, I submitted a term paper for the only class I took this semester (taught by my advisors, no less) and I can safely say it was the worst paper of my entire academic career... It just didn't seem to flow right, and I couldn't think of things to say. WORST time for pregnancy brain to strike. I've been working on it for over a week, so that just goes to show you how bad my pregnancy brain really is. I will brag about one thing though - the figures I made to go along with the paper are pretty cool. Check it out:


I did that. Oh ya. Anyway, I'm thoroughly dissapointed in the quality of the paper. And to make matters worse, my advisors suggested I write the term paper to act as background material for my thesis. What the heck, why did I have so much trouble writing it then??? I've DONE the background material for my thesis. Maybe that's why I struggled, because it was TOO similar to what I'd already written. Bah. Oh well, it's turned in. This paper was a solid, complete and utter waste of time. I should have just turned in my thesis...
~~
PS. The figure I posted is a topography map of the solar system's tallest volcano, Olympus Mons, located on the Tharsis plateau of Mars. My thesis is about density-driven deformation within Martian volcanoes, particularly Olympus Mons and Arsia Mons (a smaller volcano to the southeast of Olympus). Interested? I'll let you know when I finish my thesis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment