Sunday, April 5, 2009

Week 33. Can you believe it?

Yowza.  Now that is a growing belly.  Week 33!
This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark.  He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening.  The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal.  These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.
(www.babycenter.com)
Baby may grow up to a full inch this week alone, and his brain is developing like crazy.  Pretty soon, he'll be able to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing.  Also, his bones are hardening, and he's started to keep his eyes open when he's awake.
(www.thebump.com)

The belly just keeps getting bigger and bigger!  I'm having trouble taking nice deep breaths of air now since things are becoming so constricted.  Baby is moving a TON, ALL the time.  Hiccups, kicks, waves, you name it.  I'm also still getting contractions, more than I thought I would be.  I guess my body is just getting ready for the big day!

Let's see, where shall I start?  Derek and I went to Austin this weekend to visit my parents and sisters.  It was a lot of fun and, of course, flew by too quickly.  We arrived Friday night and grilled some steaks for dinner (so good).  We also had birthday cake that my Mom made for Derek's birthday!  On Saturday, we did end up going golfing (beautiful weather for it!), and then Derek and I went to the jeweler to get my ring fixed in the afternoon.  Luckily it didn't take long - they even tightened a few of the other diamonds and cleaned it for me.  Now it sparkles like a star!!  :) Today was a low key day, briefly went looking for a dresser at several second-hand baby shops but we couldn't find anything.  Had a nice lunch (leftovers from our early Easter dinner last night), and then headed home in the early afternoon.  On the way back to Cypress, Derek and I passed fields and fields of bluebonnets, so after seeing a ton of people pulling over and taking pictures, we decided to follow suit.  We took a whole bunch so once we sort through them I'll post some on the blog - hopefully by tomorrow.  We'll also put up some pictures from golf on Saturday.

Enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment