Friday, April 3, 2009

Eggs = no good

Yesterday was an interesting day for the pregnant lady (first part may be graphic)...

Had another dr.'s appointment in the A.M., so I got up, showered and had peaches and an egg for breakfast (we had no soy milk for my cereal...boo). I was in the bathroom blow drying my hair and I had just finished when I suddenly up-chucked. No real warning. So obviously, I didn't quite make it to the toilet (ugh), but I did spend the next 3 minutes with my head in the bowl. Sorry, don't mean to gross you out. That was the first time I've thrown up since 1st trimester and let me tell you, Baby and my uterus did NOT like it. I started feeling crampy and getting Braxton Hicks right away, so that made me worry.

Anyway, I headed off for my appointment and we went through the regular routine; weighing, blood pressure, listening to Baby's heart rate - 143 bpm, nice and steady! When the doctor came in, she went to measure my fundal height as usual (height from pubic bone to top of uterus) and just as I was lifting my shirt up and lying back she goes "Wow, are you having a contraction right now?" (I was). She said she could see my tummy all balled up, so I explained about my morning escapade and she thinks that I am indeed having gall bladder issues. She told me to avoid fatty foods as much as possible, egg yolks included, and track my contractions for the next few days. If they are coming every 15 mins for a couple hours, I need to go to the hospital so they can monitor me. I am NOT letting this Baby come out early, Baby needs more time to cook in my belly. I ended up having contractions all of yesterday, but thankfully (?) they were irregular and not painful. It was just frustrating and worrisome. I'm feeling better today and have only had a few minor contractions so far. Thank Heavens! I guess I just needed a good long sleep to relax everything.

Oh ya, I meant to tell yall. This will sound really weird, but I've concluded that peanut butter gives me heart burn. Strange, right? Every time I have a peanut butter sandwich for lunch, it's like I can't digest it properly and I get bad heartburn. So needless to say, I won't be eating PB samiches until Baby comes out. It is just weird.

Okay, on to more up-beat topics. I'm in College Station at my sister Kim's apartment at the moment. Derek and I drove up together this morning (yes, at 6:30am) and while he's at work today, I'll be at Kim's doing my research/thesis writing. After he gets off of work, Derek, my sisters and I are all going to Austin for the weekend to visit my parents. Derek and I haven't been back to Austin since New Years so I'm anxious to go visit. The weather is supposed to be great this weekend and we plan to play a round of golf on Saturday (by "we" I mean Derek and my parents, I just drive the golf cart! Hehe). I'll also be getting the diamond put back in my wedding band, so I can't wait for that. Yay for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment