Sunday, January 24, 2010

Rested.

Ahh, sleep.

Yesterday morning, I woke up to hear Adelyn complaining in the other room and thought "What time is it? Maybe she's hungry?". I look at the clock - 6:30am!! She'd slept straight through from 10:30pm to 6:30am.

Today, Derek and I woke up feeling even more rested. Why? Because Adelyn slept from 7:15pm-ish until 6:30am. I fed her and then surprisingly, she (and, not-so-surprisingly, we!) went back to sleep until 8:30am. That's my girl!

It seems as though Ferber's "progressive waiting" method worked well and she is now capable of soothing herself back to sleep! ::knocks on wood:: I guess she just needed a couple of weeks to get settled into the routine. She barely fusses when we put her to bed now! Up until two nights ago, she was still waking up twice after we'd gone to sleep, but now... All I can say is please let this continue, please, please, pretty please with a cherry on top! We like feeling awake during the day! We like getting more than 3 or 4 consecutive hours of sleep! Yaaaayyyy Addy!

Note: As many of you know, Addy loves loves looooves her pacifiers. Loves them. We've discovered that a great way to keep her calm when putting her to bed is for her to have one in her mouth (of course), and one in her hand. She just lays there in her crib, holding the second paci. It's so funny. I guess she considers it a backup in case she loses the one in her mouth? She eventually drops it, and the one in her mouth falls out, but I guess having two pacies in the crib doubles her chances of finding one in the dark and putting it back in her mouth. Ha! I'd really like to replace the pacifier with a different type of lovey, like a blanket or a stuffed animal, but we'll cross that bridge a little later.

No comments:

Post a Comment