Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Worst wife ever.

I have officially earned that title. Derek and I had just finished a delicious dinner of grilled steak and were sitting on the couch watching Madagascar II when I look down at my wedding rings and notice that one of my diamonds is missing. ONE OF MY DIAMONDS IS MISSING. Off of my wedding band. It's one of the smaller diamonds (thank goodness it's not the big stone in my engagement ring), but still I freaked out and started to cry and Derek and I have now spent the past hour trying to find one teeny tiny little diamond, lost somewhere in our apartment. Have we found it? No. We've also spent that time trying to find the receipt for the wedding band. Did we find that? Yes! Derek came out of the guest room holding it triumphantly. On the receipt is a disclaimer that says "All Jewlery Purchased From Americus Diamond is Guaranteed For One Year Against Manufacturing Defects". Yes, we're in the clear, we got married in June! Actually no, that doesn't help us. Not when we purchased the ring March 8, 2008 and it's now MARCH 18, 2008. A year and 10 days. Crap.

So, like I said, I'm the worst wife ever. Even if Derek says it could happen to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment