Saturday, January 31, 2009

Reason #1435298 why I love my husband.

Last post for the day, I swear :)

So, Derek and I went to see a "scary" movie tonight, The Uninvited. It wasn't a horror movie per se, more along the lines of thriller/suspense I guess. Anyway, I'm kind of a big chicken when it comes to movies like this...

We show up almost as the previews are over and the theater was pretty full (lots of teeny boppers and adolescents in the audience). The movie starts up and within the first 45 seconds I'm already diving into the popcorn, head down, eyes nervously looking from side to side. Derek is just sitting there, cool as a cucumber. Luckily the atmosphere was not super serious, there were so many people there that there was an almost constant hum of people talking, giggling, etc.

You know how you can tell when things are about to get really scary in a movie, when the suspenseful music gets louder and louder? Well there were many moments like that in this movie. Every time the music got creepy, I turned my head and stared at Derek so I didn't have to look at the screen. It was so funny to watch him - things would get really intense on screen and everyone in the audience would SCREAM AND HOLLER, and Derek just sat there, not even batting an eyelash with a little grin on his face. He was so calm. The one time he showed any aprehension was when he said "Now THAT would be when I pull out my Glock!".

On a side note, I had a nice tight grip on his hand throughout most of the movie, but I had to pull my hand away 3 or 4 times just to wipe the sweat off on my pants. Literally! When I'm nervous, my palms sweat! Derek laughed at me (in the movie) because his pregnant wifey was a scared little chicken with sweaty hands. It's nice to know that should ever a crazy murderer be in our house, Derek would be able to react calmly and very much UNLIKE his screaming, sweaty-palmed, teenager-like wife who is hiding in the closet. He makes me feel safe and protected :)

No comments:

Post a Comment